Farty's Fortunes

Tuesday 4 September 2007

You Don't Say

Ever wonder about those words that are obviously antonyms (opposites for something), but where the original word seems to be no longer funct?

Have you been paraged for your kempt hair or your hevelled appearance?

Ok, perhaps you've been a bit maculate, but you're finitely rageous. They should all be appointed with you. You're a couth, agonistic 'er-do-well.

You've never been hibited, but hey, that just means you're both scrutable and spicable.

And the way you mantled that frigerator was vastatingly ept!

11 comments:

Sewmouse said...

I used "finite" in my latest installment to the Mystery Quilt. Trying to be sulting, you know.

Mr Farty said...

Sew - Ah, the Mystery Quilt. Not immaterial but material?

It's late, that was the best I could do.

Manuel said...

ever washed your hair with proper poo? I never use that bloody sham poo,

Drama Queen said...

I visited. I can't think of anything else witty to say. Of to the Burgh today, I hope you kept the weather warm.

Misssy M said...

So if you find something palatable then it's gusting?

I get it.

It'll never catch on...

livesbythewoods said...

Brilliant. I am completely gruntled.

Mr Farty said...

Manuel - That's still my sister's most spised joke.

DQ - 24C warm enough for you? In September, wtf?

Misssy - Actly.

Withay - Haha! That's quite pugnant!

BOSSY said...

You so rageous.

Mr Farty said...

BOSSY - You're quite speakable yourself.

Angela-la-la said...

I find myself concerted, even mayed, by this post.

Mr Farty said...

Angelalala - Welcome. Nice of you to ciprocate.