Farty's Fortunes

Thursday 5 April 2007

Political Correctness Gone Out The Window

Sometimes I struggle for ages trying to think of something deep, meaningful and profound to write about. Then I give up and do some blogging instead.

But sometimes a subject presents itself, as it were, on a plate. With spaghetti and meatballs. And pasta sauce. Aaaaahhhh! Or even, Aaaaarrrrggghhh!


Russell Fopping Brand.No, it's not that Russell Brand has threatened to pull out of Big Brother's Big Mouth - Eeeuw! - although that would mean that the dandy fop is available for other work; say, a figurehead for some new-fangled religion.


A PirateNo, far better than that, schoolboy Bryan Killian has been suspended from the yardarm school for, woodja believe it, turning up for class dressed in Full Pirate Regalia. He claims that his Constitutional rights to freedom of religion are being violated, while the school claims he's an arsehole. His mummy says, “I think Bryan should be able to voice his opinion, but he kind of got carried away.”


Me? I think the more pirates there are, the better prepared we are to combat Global Warming and that. Or perhaps it's just the thought of all those Pirate Wenches. Aaarrr!
A Pirate Wench

17 comments:

Timbo said...

So, are you trying to say that Russell Brand is a pirate?

apositivepessimist said...

I reckon it's the wenches.

Drama Queen said...

Where is this theme coming from? Are you a repressed pirate?

Unknown said...

Timbo, take the i and e out of pirate, and therein is the answer.

Cat said...

Political correctness makes me mental. My workplace is the most PC organisation in the land - for example, last year I got a massive row for asking for volunteers to "man" and exhibition stand - and sometimes it brings out my tourettes. Which I don't even really have.

Brom said...

I know it's way past my bedtime after spending far too long taking the i and e out of pirate and not coming up with anything that made sense.

Talking of bedtime, is pic no. 3 free?

BOSSY said...

Even Madonna knows eye patches are sexy.

Mr Farty said...

Timbo - There's a bit of the Captain Jack to him, don't you think? Sparrow, not Harkness.

Apos - I like a good wench. When you going to post something new? You always crack me up.

DQ - I'd love to be a pirate, yarrr, shiver me timbers, etc, but I get seasick when I look at a cup of tea.

JG - For a moment there, I thought you meant me, which automatically makes it true. I love Russell, it's just his show I don't much like. But it's fun watching him trying to control the baying mob.

Cat - At work, I only swear when I get upset by some of the fuckwits I have to work with; some of those cretinous cunts would benefit from a fucking lobotomy.

Pardon my French, it's been a particularly bad week.

Brom - No, I pirated it.

Did you see what I did there?

Bossy - v. sexy. You have an example?

Question. What if the kid really *had* to wear an eye patch, say because he forgot he was wearing a hook when he went to scratch his nose? Would they still send him home?

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Suspended? Man, that's a bit rough, couldn't they just send him home to change?

Folks here don't do political correctness well. Too many suffer from foot in mouth.

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

In GG's part of the world, pirate costume is known as national dress. In fact, I think it IS the official national dress in Middlesbrough.

Unknown said...

Brom, PRAT springs to mind, lol.

Mr Farty said...

GG - Hey, what happen to the laid back language? I been enjoying you log (and dawg) for a while now, but just get round to checking out the map. Ah. So not central Africa nor the Caribbean? My bad.

Daffers - Middlesbrough? Is that in the Caribbean then? I'd make Jade Goody look like Benedict Allen, me.

MKWM said...

Pirates don't wear kilts, do they? Pity, considering this fetching tartan.

Mr Farty said...

Minky - You were saying?

Nichola said...

Russell Brand dressed as a pirate...

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRR

I so bloody would!

lettuce said...

well shiver me' noodley appendages.

Mr Farty said...

Nichola - I thought you might!

Lettuce - Russell does that to me too. Well, any port in a storm!