Farty's Fortunes

Monday 12 February 2007

Kilimanjaro Challenge

My mate Stephen and his mate Damion recently decided it would be a spiffing idea to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. For charidee. Next month. As you do.

When they sobered up, it still seemed like a good idea, so they started watching Ray Mears, er, I mean putting in some serious training. Walking five miles to work daily, swimming 24 lengths at lunchtime and that.

The lengths people will go to to get out of coming to our Silver Anniversary party ;-)

Can't wait to see the video diary...

5 comments:

kissme said...

A friend of mine did the Kilimanjaro walking thingy - she never said she went swimming when she was there!

BOSSY said...

This leads Bossy to contemplate - what's so wrong with a good book?

http://iambossy.typepad.com/i_am_bossy/2006/06/advice_of_the_d_2.html

Cheerful One said...

Hello Farty, I didn't know you had a blog :)

Mr Farty said...

Kissme - Your friend's been holding out on you; there's a pool in the hotel ;-)

Bossy - That made him sit up! What a shame I'm otherwise engaged that weekend, I'd have loved to have gone too...er, not.

Cheerful - Yes, miss, I found it on t'internet. Can I keep it?

Anonymous said...

There's a hard way and an easy way. I know which I'd choose.
http://webs.lanset.com/aeolusaero/Articles/Matterhorn%20article.htm