Farty's Fortunes

Tuesday 20 February 2007

Friends Reunited

I bumped into her at lunchtime. Knee-length brown leather boots, brown leggings, wide leather belt over a white cheesecloth t-shirt. Shoulder-length blonde hair, expensive cut. Ray-bans. And the first girl I was ever able to tell "I love you" without feeling all embarrassed and coy about it.

She was up in Embra for the day before heading back to Sarf Lahndahn. We chatted briefly, exchanging pleasantries and generally catching up on old times, then she rejoined her group and disappeared for another couple of years. But for the rest of the day I was walking on air.

4 comments:

kissme said...

You're right! how clever of you. Of course I'll forget.

I'm totally computer illiterate which is a bit scary cos I worked in IT for 25 years before starting at uni.

Anyways, my first love fucked off to Scotland. Was it something I said?

He lives in Aberdeenshire I think. We've swapped emails after getting back in touch thru Friends Reunited and almost met up.

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Glad you made it to Jordan's opening of the new Asda in Embra.

Mr Farty said...

Kissme - Tripped me up with your non-sequitur there, but as you can see from my comment in Daffers' blog, I'm useless at interwebby things*. I wonder if I can get my boss to pay for an XML course?

I can understand your ex coming to Scotchland, there are many distilleries in Aberdeenshire. Hic!

Daffers - Touché, but there's nothing inflated about Big S.

* but did you notice the reveal when you hover your mouse over her?

kissme said...

In all fairness his family were from Scotland in the first place