Farty's Fortunes

Saturday 4 August 2007

A Quiet Week

'Sup?

Not much here in Embra. Some Philistines have desecrated (oh, that's a good word, must use it some more) the National Gallery of Scotland by wrapping some Campbell's Soup tins around the Doric (or is it Ionic?) columns at the entrance. It looks bloody awful, so I won't assault your eyes with a picture. I don't know much about art, and apparently neither does Andy Warhol.

I was late for work after a kilt shop went on fire in Princes Street on Friday. When buildings in the Weeg go on fire, it's usually an insurance job, but here it's more commonly some developer fed up with trying to get listed building consent to knock it down. Meh.

We had a shark here on a day trip from the West Coast. Maybe it was here for the fire sale? It had better watch out for hungry Japanese tourists.

The Embra Festival starts today, whatever that is. I'm planning to go and watch Jihad The Musical, to gain some insight into how people from other cultures live. *cough*

Which reminds me. There's an excerpt from Bin Liner's blog over at Celebrity Litigation. And another one from Jesus. You should go and read it, it's very funny. I should know.

7 comments:

SpanishGoth said...

Like the sound of "Jihad the Musical" - I presume it has an explosive finale?

Mr Farty said...

S - I'll let you know...

Scotsman said...

I thought the same thing when I heard about the fire in Princes Street but if its anything like what happend after the last fire it will still take around 3 years to get planning permission.
Maybe after watching Jihad you might have new Material for the blog you so expertly pimped.

Liz said...

I've just checked out Celebrity Litigation at your suggestion. Love it! What a genius idea.

Cat said...

I must try and get down for the Festival - I love me a bit of sleb spotting, although the tourists tend to make me murderous.

Misssy M said...

The Minke whale took a good look at the Broch and then legged it. Without legs even. Fair play.

Mr Farty said...

Scotsman - Well hellllloooo there! Welcome tae ma blog.
Somebody I know in the Historic Buildings n'that said his boss wiz fizzin aboot aw they fire engines destroying the ambience wi' their sirens and hoses. Much better tae let it burn tae the groond and then leave the shell as a historical ruin.

Liz - Feel free to contribute. Misssy has the contact details.

Cat - So you're appearing in the musical?

Misssy - A whale that can leg it withoot legs? Now that's clever.