Farty's Fortunes

Saturday 20 December 2008

Bah. And, Indeed, Humbug.

As you may have seen in the news, the company that I work for has been partly taken over by the government. That makes me a civil servant bwahahahahaha I for one welcome our new political overlords.

As a result, there's a major cost-cutting exercise in progress. Gone are the ridiculously inflated executive bonuses (yay!), gone too all the contractors who did the actual work while we put our feet up (boo!) but worst of all, from the public's perception, sponsorship is being severely trimmed back.

Normally on December 31st, Embra has a big, BIG Hogmanay party. Literally dozens of people flock to Princes Street to get totally rat-arsed, sing, dance and of course, watch the New Year's Fireworks Show courtesy of *cough* *cough*.

But what with the cutbacks and that, all we can afford this year is a handful of sparklers. I don't think this will go down well with the punters.

Sparklers

7 comments:

I've Been Mugged said...

Who is this 'CUWT' sparkler?

#Debi said...

Based on the spelling, I'm guessing he's Welsh...

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Before you get fired, could you help me get my money out?

Merry Christmas Farty! And a stonking Hogmanay.

Mr Farty said...

IBM - Maybe they had too much of the Xmas spirit?

#Debi - Nice one, boyo!

Daffers - As soon as I track down my own.

Proper Crimbo to you, too!

Unknown said...

Spilling's gud as ewesual!

Mr H said...

As you now work for me, I think it's about time you earned your thruppence ha'penny.

So I'll have a cup of tea (Earl Grey, a bacon roll, and you may as well polish my shoes while you're down there.

Cheers.

Mr Farty said...

John - I thang yew!

Mr H - Yessir, nosir, threebagsfullsir!