Farty's Fortunes

Wednesday 11 November 2009

Priceless

So. After the burglary, we found the bedroom strewn with the contents of the filing cabinet, which we hastily threw into a couple of boxes for later sorting. Which is what I've been doing today.

What a load of junk.

Receipts dating back to 1998, guarantees long since expired, instructions for a Soda Stream FFS. Any amount of old credit card statements going back to the dawn of time (and yes, aware of identity fraud, I had the cards cancelled on Sunday night).

And then I found this letter. I don't normally put my name up in lights on the interwebs, but in this case I'll make an exception.

Letter

Opening it, I found this beautiful picture.
Flower

And turning it over, this important document.
Daddy

Some thing are irreplaceable. Thank FSM he didn't get this.

8 comments:

Z said...

Aw - you are the baddy. That's enough to cheer you up for the day.

Mr Farty said...

Z - Who's bad? #mjcomment

BOSSY said...

Awwwwwwwwwww. And sorry about the burglary!

Mr Farty said...

BOSSY - Farty really appreciates that. x

Grit said...

i hope your burgler falls deep into a ditch and nettle patch next time. but my goodness, what a wonderful treasure you have there. irreplaceable indeed.

Mr Farty said...

Grit - We're considering a moat with alligators. Thanks.

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Filing cabinet ransacked and jewels not touched? Sounds like a case for Rebus.

Mr Farty said...

Daffers - Sounds like an illiterate junkie, TBH.