Farty's Fortunes

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Farty's Ecksmas Quiz 2011

Let's have an Ecksmas Quiz!

1. Easy one to start with. Name that choon.
Choon

2. Pick the odd one out.
a) The Great Scottish Haggis Hunt.
b) Loch Ness Monster sightings.
c) The Edinburgh Trams.
d) UFOs over Bonnybridge.

Sorry, I got distracted by shiny. Continuing...

3. What famous quote from Independence Day was appropriated by Disney's Tangled? (Clue: You won't find it in IMDB, I just checked.)

4. At what age is it appropriate to ask someone if they still believe in Jesus?

5. What nationality is Andy Murray...
(a) When he wins?
(b) When he loses?

6. What is wrong with this picture? (click to embiggen)
Proving Atheists Wrong With Science #1

7. Better question: What's right with it?

To be continued. Maybe.

7 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I think it's that all time classic from the 60s,
"My Ball's in the water"

Mr Farty said...

TSB - Near enough. I should have posted this picture instead if I'd been thinking. Oh, well.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

No, no Mr. Farty. I'm a teacher . We're exact. That picture was obviously Balls ON the water, not Balls in the water.

Get it right please, otherwise. Detention.

As far as part 2 goes,
They're all figments of the imagination, except for the great Scottish Haggis Hunt which takes place on the coal bings of Bonnybridge every February 30th.

Mr Farty said...

So close. Try a few more...

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Ok, I've done 1 and 2 so here goes.

3.The quote from Tanngled :"I'm going to kill you, you green slimed covered bastard from Hell"

4. At about the same timne they can reasonably figure out that Santa Clause is also a figment of a deranged immagination.

5. Who? Sorry, you beat me here, I've never heard of him. A footballer for Rangers perhaps, with a nickname like Andy the Bear?

6. What's wrong is the poor bloody author hasn't figured out that people pee, which lets the water out, which lets it evaporate and get back into the cycle

7. What's right is the it's the first time I've seen a Theist try and use logic instead of "Faith" or "It's in the Bible, so it must be true"


That was fun. When do I get my prize?

Mr Farty said...

Did I say I was finished? Meh. The correct answers are:

1. Float like a Cannonball.

2. The trams. All the others have actually been witnessed.

3. I have got to get me one of these!

4. Never. They're beyond help.

5. (a) Great British sportsman and (b) Miserable Scotch git.

6. Correct. Also, a lot more happens to water than being drunk by people, the human population of planet Earth hasn't always been 7 billion, I could go on.

7. The actual math looks ok, just the assumptions behind it are totally skew whiff. Which makes me think it's a spoof. Pity.

What prize?

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

1. Never heard of it, you're making this up.
2. Have you ever eaten Haggis? Do you really know where they come from?
3. I prefer mine
4. That's just too cynical, even for me.
5. If you say so. Still never heard of him. Are you making these things up?
6. Thank you.
7. Yep.

There's always a prize.